Supports for Students
Black Gold Regional Schools and our partners offer a number of supports to students. For more information, please select this link:
You can support your child’s learning (School Act, Section 16.2) by:
- working in partnership with school staff;
- providing a quiet place for your child to study at home;
- keeping current with your child’s progress online through the Power School Portal.
- staying informed and keeping in touch with school staff. This includes reading newsletters and other school materials; and
- participating in parent-teacher conferences.
- You can learn more about your child’s courses at this link:
Teachers will help your child succeed (School Act, Section 18) by:
- providing programming that is suitable for your child;
- providing many opportunities and different ways for students to show what they know;
- giving students who’ve missed important assessments and activities the chance to complete the work, as specified in the course outline;
- providing a course outline for all courses that clearly explains what’s expected of students and how student work will be graded/marked;
- keeping detailed, accurate notes describing your child’s successes and challenges;
- communicating with you regularly about your child’s progress and achievement; and providing opportunities for you to be involved in your child’s learning.
Students have a responsibility for their own learning (School Act, Section 12) and are expected to:
- come to school every day and on time;
- finish their assignments, projects and tasks to the best of their ability;
- participate in activities to celebrate learning;
- demonstrate that they are learning; and
- take advantage of chances offered to revise or redo assignments or tests so they can show growth in their knowledge and skills.